Coping during the Cancer Journey
This web-page lists PCUK guides and videos on how to cope with prostate cancer. A Section at the end cover the support and information available to help the carers, of those with late stage cancer, cope.
Coping with Prostate Cancer
Recently issued/revised guides from PCUK
- There is a guide for men who have just been diagnosed with prostate cancer available here.
- Dying from Prostate Cancer available here.
How to manage series available here and covering:
- How to manage sex and relationships
- How to manage fatigue
- How to manage urinary problems. (Peter, one of our members, has updated his story on this web-site to cover his recent successful surgery for the fitting of a male sling to eliminate his post radical-surgery incontinence. You will find his story here.)
- How to manage symptoms and side effects of advance prostate cancer
- How to manage chronic prostatitis
There are more guides covering all stages of the prostate cancer journey available from PCUK here.
Coping for Carers
Patients suffering from late-stage Prostate Cancer frequently need the support of carers. Support and information is available to help carers cope:
Macmillan Practical support for carers. Go Here for a wide range of information on residential, physical and emotional care support for carers.
Carers Support West Sussex. This organisation has a range of services that can help support carers, from counselling and access to relaxation therapies to a Carer Wellbeing fund, Support Groups and Carer Response Line - Here
Join our Facebook Group!
midsussexprostate.uk - firstname.lastname@example.org